After surgery or hospitalization, some patients require extra recovery time before heading home – this rehabilitating care is referred to as “Swing Bed Care,” and it’s offered right here in southwest Wisconsin at Southwest Health.
Keeping patients close to home is important to us. Among the fact that having the support of loved ones is a top priority for patients, studies also show that patients who have access to support systems often recover faster. Southwest Health’s Swing Bed Program allows patients, who require skilled-nursing or rehab, to receive high-caliber care and remain close to home during their recovery.
The Swing Bed Program at Southwest Health operates 7 days per week, 24 hours per day – ensuring ease of transfer for new patients and round the clock access to expert care.
Swing bed services include, but are not limited to:
- Long-term IV antibiotic therapy
- Rehabilitation services and therapy
- On-site physicians
- Respiratory therapy
- Laboratory testing and monitoring
- Tube feedings and nutritional stabilization
- Wound management
- Bowel and bladder care
Why Southwest Health?
- Patients have a guaranteed private room
- 24/7 access to medical experts, laboratory services, and emergency care
- Physical, occupational, speech, and respiratory therapy as needed
- Same-day case transfers
- Hotel style room service – with tasty, high-quality meals!
- Basic and advanced life support transfer services available (ambulance services)
- Excellent care, in a great environment, that’s close to home!
Make a Referral
Contact Transitions of Care at (608) 342-4758.