Fast facts first:
- Our main laboratory operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week at our Hospital Campus (Blue Entrance) at 1400 Eastside Road in Platteville, Wisconsin 53818.
- You can reach the Lab at (608) 342-4760 or fax us at (608) 342-5094.
- We are at the above location for our outpatients Monday – Friday from 6 am to 6 pm and Weekends (appointments recommended) from 7 am – 12 Noon. For appointments, call the clinic at (608) 348-4330.
- The Outpatient Laboratory at our Platteville Clinic (Gold Entrance) is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm. The Lab at the Cuba City Clinic is staffed during its normal business hours.
We are here to care for life by providing truly exceptional laboratory services. Through our commitment to Continuous Quality Improvement, our Laboratory Services cares for you with always innovative services of the highest quality and patient safety. Our skilled, experienced, and knowledgeable staff members will ensure you receive only the best possible care. If you have any questions regarding laboratory testing, we invite you to call us at (608) 342-4760.
Scope of Services
Southwest Health (SH) Laboratory Services include our hospital-based, high complexity clinical laboratory, our Platteville Clinic Laboratory, and our Cuba City Clinic Laboratory. Our Labs gladly accept outpatients with complete test requisitions ordered by outside care providers.
The hospital-based clinical laboratory provides services to inpatient and outpatient departments, including Emergency and Urgent Care, Medical/Surgical, OB, and specialty clinics, within our facilities. We also serve as a reference laboratory for University of Wisconsin – Platteville Student Health Services, for private practice physician clinics, for veterinary clinics, for nursing homes, and for assisted living facilities in the area.
Our main hospital-based laboratory is accredited by The Joint Commission, and we maintain our certificate of accreditation from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Below is a list of laboratory services we are fully certified to provide:
- Microbiology including bacteriology, parasitology, mycology, and virology
- General Immunology
- Routine Chemistry
- Immunohematology including ABO & Rh Group, antibody transfusion, and compatibility testing
In addition, our hospital-based laboratory also provides the following services to its patients:
- DOT and non-DOT urine drug screen sample collection and testing
- Breath alcohol testing
- Sample collection and processing for paternity testing
- Sample collection and processing for special federal, state and local governmental or private agencies
The SH Laboratory Services is operated under the supervision of the Laboratory Director, who is qualified by education and experience as stated in the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 Code of Federal Registry and The Joint Commission standards and is served as a Clinical Consultant.
The SH Laboratory Services is staffed by highly skilled technical and support personnel. Laboratory personnel include directors, supervisors, coordinators, phlebotomists, and testing personnel that are certified by the American Association for Clinical Pathology or other professional organization as medical technologists, medical laboratory scientists, and medical laboratory technicians.
Platteville Clinic Laboratory and Cuba City Clinic Laboratory offer CLIA-waived testing and Provider-Performed Microscopy testing. These include:
- Whole blood glucose testing
- Rapid strep A screen testing
- Urine dipstick testing
- Urine pregnancy screen
- Hemoglobin and hematocrit
- Stool occult blood testing
Again, if you have questions regarding laboratory testing, please call us at (608) 342-4760.
Thank you for choosing the Laboratory at Southwest Health. It is genuinely a privilege to care for you.