Sometimes, getting the best care means not traveling. Staying close to home makes your care convenient, and it reduces stress on you and your family.
Dr. Guerard is Assistant Professor at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison and also practices at the Carbone Cancer Center in Madison. At the new Center for Cancer Care at Southwest Health she provides a wide range of chemotherapy, oncology, and hematology services.
Dr. Guerard is board certified in both geriatric medicine and internal medicine. A Wisconsin native, she completed her undergraduate work at the University of Wisconsin in Madison and earned her Medical Degree from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison. She then completed a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in geriatric medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. In addition, she advanced her training by completing a three-year fellowship in hematology/oncology at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, NC.
Among Dr. Guerard’s many awards and accolades is a 2015 Merit Award from the American Society for Clinical Oncology’s Conquer Cancer Foundation. By working to understand each patient’s unique diagnosis and needs, she develops comprehensive cancer treatment plans personalized to each individual.
In addition to outpatient day-surgery procedures in many specialties and a host of outpatient specialist clinics, you have a wide range of outpatient procedures available at SH, including these:
- Outpatient IV Therapy:
- IV Reclast for osteoporosis
- IV Remicade for Crohns
- IV Immunoglobulin for symptomatic relief of chronic conditions
- IV steroids
- Migraine headache treatment
- IV antibiotics for infections
- IV fluids for dehydration
- Blood and blood product transfusions
- Therapeutic phlebotomies
- Intramuscular or subcutaneous injections
- Rabies vaccine series
- Dressing changes (with and without wound vacs)
- Lumbar punctures
- Paracentesis and thoracentesis
- PICC line insertions
- PICC line and central line care
- Bladder scans
- Assistance with elective cardioversions
- Assistance with radiology (adenosine and dobutamine stress tests)
Healthcare is diverse and ever-changing. If you’re in need of a service that’s not listed here, we urge you to contact us at 608.342.6260. We’re here to help.