Our Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) represents the voice of Southwest Health’s patient and families who have unique experience, insights, expertise and perspectives that are invaluable to improving care. The council is an opportunity for patients and families to participate as partners in planning services and systems which can positively shape the patient experience and improve the quality of care.
Benefits of a Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Provides an effective means for receiving and responding to feedback and ensures that staff and services meet the needs and priorities of patients and their families.
- Fosters a respectful and productive partnership between patients, families and Southwest Health staff.
- Offers a safe forum for developing solutions to challenges faced by patients, families and the organization.
Examples of PFAC projects:
- Revision of forms and education brochures related to hospital stay, discharge planning and recovery.
- Implementation of new and improved way-finding for the organization
- Advise on policy and procedure language focusing on patient and family impacts.
Interested in joining?
Patient and family advisors require:
- A teachable spirit
- Being a representative voice
- A focus on solutions
- Listening with compassion
- Constructive collaboration
- Establishing partnerships
- Strong communication skills
- Sharing your experience
Please fill out the application to be a volunteer advisor in the Southwest Health Patient and Family Advisor Council.
If you would like more information, please email: email@example.com