Investing in Southwest Health is an important decision. As you consider making a gift, we hope you find the answers to these frequently asked questions helpful.
Who owns SH?
What is the role of the SH Foundation?
How has the foundation contributed to SH in the past?
When is the “right time” to contribute to the foundation?
How do I contribute to the foundation?
How much should I contribute?
SH is a 501(c) (3) non-profit, non-stock issuing corporation. As there is no stock, there are no personal or corporate owners. Nine dedicated area residents comprise a board of directors that is responsible for SH’s operation. As volunteers, board members are not compensated for their time or service.
The role of the foundation is to offer a vehicle for supporters to invest in their community and assure the future of quality healthcare at SH. Our top priority is the health of our communities.
Today, thanks to our foundation’s donors:
- SH offers women the most advanced digital mammography available.
- Nursing home residents have a van (and the mobility that comes with it) providing them a better quality of life.
- Heart and lung conditions can be diagnosed easier with new plethysmography capnography units.
- Crucial blood tests can be performed faster and more accurately with a new chemistry analyzer.
- Surgery can be performed with less pain and better results with a new VNUS (a minimally invasive alternative to vein stripping surgery) equipment.
- Hearing problems in new born babies can be diagnosed earlier with the help of equipment.
- Patients have greater privacy, more comfort and greater access to doctors, care and advanced technology since the construction of a new hospital in 2005.
The kindness and generosity of our donors have made important and measurable impacts on the health of our communities. Their gifts truly represent our foundation’s mission: Investing In Our Future. For Life.
The “right time” to make a donation is when it’s right for you. Many of our contributors began their relationship with our foundation during its recent capital campaign. The campaign has helped provide a new hospital and many of our friends continue their support to save and enhance lives throughout southwest Wisconsin.
There are numerous ways you can contribute to the SH Foundation. Every gift, regardless of how big or small, helps provide better care to people and families.
Whether it’s $10 gift or $10,000, you can be assured your contribution will provide better care and improve the lives of residents in southwest Wisconsin.
General contributions can be made in the form of checks or cash.
- Appreciated property gifts can be a very attractive alternative to cash. You can double your tax benefits with a gift of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate or property.
- A charitable bequest made in your will can include a specific sum of cash, securities and/or proceeds from a life insurance policy. Bequests should be directed to “Southwest Health Foundation, a not-for-profit organization based in Platteville, WI, for the benefit of Southwest Health.“