Lyle and Lenice Curtis Scholarship
The Lyle and Lenice Curtis Scholarship fund was established to benefit students pursuing an education in a health-related field at an accredited institution of higher education. Health-related fields can include, but are not limited to, Nursing, Radiology, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Medical Technology. Scholarship levels and amounts distributed will vary accordingly year to year.
The scholarship awarded must be used for tuition, books, or fees for the upcoming school year and will be paid directly to the school.
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must complete the Application and must either:
- be a graduating high school senior and reside within the communities of Platteville, Cuba City, Belmont, Livingston, Mineral Point, Montfort, Rewey, Dickeyville, Hazel Green, Potosi, Benton and Shullsburg.
- be four years or less post high school graduation and reside within the communities of Platteville, Cuba City, Belmont, Livingston, Mineral Point, Montfort, Rewey, Dickeyville, Hazel Green, Potosi, Benton and Shullsburg.
- be, regardless of residence, a dependent of a Southwest Health employee who is a graduating high school senior or is four years or less post high school graduation.
- be an employee of Southwest Health.
If you have questions regarding eligibility, please contact Tammie Richter, Foundation Director, at (608) 342-4704 or by emailing email@example.com prior to submitting an application.
Completed Scholarship Applications were due March 11, 2021 at 3 p.m. and must be accompanied by the following information:
- Verification of enrollment in an accredited health or medical program.
- Transcript of grades.
- Two letters of recommendation, attesting to the applicant’s aptitude and desire to pursue a career in the chosen medical field.
All applicants meeting the above criteria are given equal consideration regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, qualified disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, childbirth or related medical condition or any other protected class provided through federal, state or local law.