As part of its SAFE IN OUR CARE initiative, Southwest Health is continually monitoring our visitor policy to ensure everyone’s safety. Below our the guidelines as of June 1.
Everyone entering the facility for any reason must bring a mask with them and wear it while they are in the building.
Policy/Guidelines for All Visitor and Primary Support Persons
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff we continue to limit the entrance of visitors to our facilities.
Southwest Health will continue to monitor our visitor restrictions and evaluate when and where visitors are permitted throughout the facility. Visitors who fail to comply with the policy will be asked to leave the facility.
The following visitor restrictions are guidelines to follow. If certain scenarios arise, visitors can be allowed at the department director or their designee’s discretion.
- All patients, support people and visitors are asked to be wearing a mask upon entrance to the building.
- Everyone entering a Southwest Health facility will be screened for symptoms/exposure to COVID-19.
- All visitors should allow at least six feet between themselves and other patients and visitors, even while wearing a face covering.
- Visitors are encouraged to bring food, drinks, reading material with them to avoid needing to leave the facility.
- The cafeteria remains closed for seating; however, guest trays may be ordered.
- Meals cost $6.00 and includes an entrée, 2 sides, and a beverage. Trays are delivered to patient room and payment is taken upon delivery.
For everyone’s safety, visitors are restricted according to the details on this chart:
Healthcare Decision Makers and/or necessary support persons may accompany a patient with physical or cognitive impairment
General Visitation: Inpatient Areas (Patients without COVID-19)
|Adult Inpatient||One healthy visitor per 24 hours||Exceptions can be made based on special circumstances – approval through House Supervisor and/or Director of Nursing; End of Life Care patients can have unlimited number of healthy visitors.|
|Pediatric Inpatient||Two healthy parents/guardians|
|Birth Center (L&D/Maternity)||Two healthy visitors per 24 hours||This is also applicable to newborn weight checks.|
|Emergency Department||No general visitation||Visitors are only allowed for patients with specific caregiving needs – Determined per triage nurse|
|Inpatient Surgery||One healthy visitor per 24 hours|
Inpatient Area: (Patients with COVID-19)
|COVID-19 Adults||Video visitation only||Exceptions made at the end of life and OB patients may have 1 healthy visitor.|
|COVID-19 Pediatrics||Two healthy parents/guardians|
General Visitation: Outpatient Areas
|Ambulatory Clinics||No general visitation|
|Cancer Center / Infusion||No general visitation|
|Outpatient Surgery/ Procedures||1 healthy support person per patient|
|Outpatient Radiology||No general visitation with the exception of one support person for OB Ultrasounds.|
|Outpatient Areas (Rehab, Lab, etc.)||No general visitation|
Southwest Health’s SAFE IN OUR CARE screeners present at facility entrances use their best judgement to determine which patients may require assistance.