HELP AROUND THE CLOCK
When you need to know, call us anytime, 24/7. Whether it’s the middle of the night or middle of the afternoon, call 608.348.2331 to speak with a Registered Nurse.
When you call, a member of our triage team will talk with you about your symptoms and help you decide your best course of action. And now, if you want to see a doctor (clinic, ER or Urgent Care) everyone must call before you come to the hospital 608.348.2331 (unless it is an emergency, of course. In a medical emergency, dial 911).
CONFIRMED CASES: POSITIVE RESULTS BY COUNTY
Total Cases as of 3/30/2020 at 2pm
|Total Number of Positive Cases in Wisconsin||1,221|
For the safety of all, we have cancelled upcoming routine appointments (such as physicals and well-child appointments) and elective surgeries. If you have an appointment/procedure that needs to be cancelled, our staff will be contacting you. We’ll call again when appropriate to reschedule you. If you are in need of a medication refill, call The Pharmacy (608) 342-6200 or your clinic.
For EVERYONE’s safety – NEW DIRECTIONS FOR ENTERING THE HOSPITAL:
- Call before coming to the hospital: 608.348.2331
- Everyone with a cough, sore throat or fever, enter through the ER (Red) Entrance.
- Other clinic patients (including now Women’s Center and Specialist Clinic patients) will be seen in the Platteville Clinic. Use the Clinic (Gold) entrance ONLY.
- We are no longer allowing visitors, with a few very specific exceptions. See below for full details.
These steps keep respiratory illnesses in select areas of our hospital, keeping everyone safer, including health care workers.
EMERGENCY AND URGENT CARE
Do not call 911 for general COVID-19 symptoms. Dial 911 only if you’re having severe difficulty breathing or another life-threatening emergency.
Thinking about coming to the ER or Urgent Care? Definitely call the hospital first at 608-348-2331. Please understand, not everyone is tested for COVID-19. There are other tests done first to rule out other very common upper respiratory illnesses. We are not performing COVID-19 testing on everyone who comes in with symptoms. Each case is considered separately. Our specific protocol for testing is subject to change as this situation develops or worsens in our region.
PHARMACY: CURB-SIDE PICK-UP AND FREE DELIVERY
The Pharmacy at Southwest Health is now offering curbside pickup of prescriptions in addition to our standard free delivery service. As social distancing is recommended everywhere, avoid coming to the pharmacy to pick up over the counter medications. Use these other methods instead. Call The Pharmacy at (608) 342-6200 with questions.
PATIENT FINANCIAL COUNSELING
For the safety of our patients and staff, the business office will be suspending in-person financial counseling. Please call 608-342-4717 with billing questions or to make a payment. Thank you!
OTHER IMPORTANT RESOURCES
In addition to Southwest Health, the CDC is also a trusted and reliable source of up-to-date information. Here are some important links:
CDC FEATURED HANDOUTS
Until further notice, for the safety of our patients, community, visitors and staff, during the COVID-19 Crisis this Southwest Health Visitor Policy will remain in force.
ALL ROUTINE VISITING PRIVILEGES ARE SUSPENDED.
NO VISITORS are permitted at Southwest Health with the following exceptions.
We will PERMIT the following, per day:
- Pregnant patients may have ONE visitor.
- Patients at end-of-life may have ONE visitor.
- Patients with dementia may have ONE visitor.
- Patients under 18 years old may have ONE parent or guardian.
- Surgical patients may have ONE visitor:
- for 2 hours after getting to their room
- to drive them home immediately after surgery/recovery.
- Must be 16 years old, or older.
- Will be excluded if they have fever, cough, or sore throat.
- Will be excluded if they are either Medium or High Risk Category for COVID-19 Exposure, according to CDC criteria.
Visitors are NOT permitted to leave the patient room.
Once a visitor leaves the room, they must leave the building.
We thank you for your understanding and compliance during this challenging time for all.
EPIONE PAVILION TEMPORARY VISITOR RESTRICTIONS
With the significant and changing concerns around COVID-19 we want to stress that our Epione Pavilion residents’ health is of utmost importance. Here is what we are doing to help keep them healthy:
1. At this time we are not allowing visitors, except for in “End of life” circumstances. Our doors are locked.
2. We know your loved ones would love to hear from you! You can call 608.744.2161 to speak with them on the telephone. OR you can Skype (video call) with them. Call 608.744.2161 to arrange to Skype.
3. For family who’s loved one is receiving end-of-life care, we are accommodating two visitors each day. Each should present at Epione’s Blue Entrance and ring the doorbell to have a health screening prior to entering our facility.
4. All employees are being health screened daily prior to beginning their shift.
5. Questions? Call 608.744.3908 for a recorded phone message of the latest updates.