Now Offering: General Surgery at Southwest Health Now Offers Aesthetic Services
Southwest Health now offers both Botox and Fillers. These are non-invasive treatments you can have to look and feel your best. Our board-certified general surgeon, Maggie Steinbeisser, DO, will work with you one-on-one to determine the best options so you can feel confident with your treatment.
|WHAT IT TREATS
As people age, fine lines and wrinkles can become more noticeable. Botox can be placed:
|WHAT IT TREATS
Injectable treatments to treat fine lines and wrinkles, and to restore a youthful look and balance to the facial structures. Filler is offered:
When getting Botox, you can expect to need a maintenance appointment around the 3 months after your first procedure.
You can expect to see an effect for up for a year with a maintenance appointment around 6 months after your original Filler procedure.
Board-Certified General Surgeon
Dr. Steinbeisser is a highly experienced, board certified general surgeon. Her compassionate caring nature led her to begin her career in healthcare at a young age as a Certified Nursing Assistant when she was in high school. She completed her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine at A.T. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine and then, because of the life-changing capacity of surgery, she chose to do her General Surgery Residency at Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital.
Dr. Steinbeisser cares for each patient as though they are a member of her family. She takes time to answer questions, explain options, and make sure her patients are happy with their outcome.
If you would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Steinbeisser, contact General Surgery at Southwest Health by calling (608) 342-6275.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How quickly will I be able to see results after a procedure? When getting filler, you can expect to see immediate results with effects lessening over time before your next maintenance appointment. When getting Botox, you can expect to see results within two weeks.
- How long would will the results to last? When getting filler, you can expect to see an effect for up for a year with a maintenance appointment around 6 months after your original procedure. When getting Botox, you can expect to need a maintenance appointment around the 3 months after your first procedure.
- What is the procedure like? Will it hurt? After your initial consultation, you and Dr. Steinbeisser will know the exact places you will either get filler or Botox. When you arrive at your appointment for your procedure, you will get your placement marked with a pen, you will hear more an explanation of the procedure and maintenance. If getting filler around the mouth, that area will be numbed, similar to a dentist appointment.
- What will I need to do to prepare for services? Arrive at Southwest Health with a clean face, free of makeup. Avoid taking aspirin or similar products to lessen the potential of bruising after your procedure. Before your first procedure, you will be asked if you want to take before and after photos. These help track your progress and document your results.
- What should I do before and after the procedure? After your appointment, don’t do any strenuous activity, get a massage, or facial. This will disrupt the placement of either your filler or Botox.
- I have a big event I’d like to do this procedure for. When should I get it done? Allow at least two weeks between your procedure and any event (wedding, family photos, trips, etc). This will give you time to heal from any potential bruising.
- I want to set up an appointment, what are my next steps? You will need to contact General Surgery at Southwest Health by calling (608) 342-6275. From there, you will set up a 30 minute consultation with Dr. Steinbeisser where she will discuss placement, pricing, and the consent photo along with “before” photos taken, if wanted. After your consultation, you will schedule your 30 minute procedure and pay for your appointment, either using cash, check, or credit card.