October 20, 2023
- Requires a diploma or degree form an accredited school of nursing.
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Fulfillment of licensure of the State of Wisconsin for an RN, and be legally eligible to practice in the state of Wisconsin.
We are seeking a full-time (36 hours/week) RN to circulate within the Operating Room. This position works four 9 hour shifts per week, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8:30am-6:00pm. This position includes an on-call rotation for weekends and holidays.
Provides nursing care and service in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, current laws and regulations and under the direction of medical staff. Follows the individualized plan of care for each patient in order to achieve the highest practicable level of physical and mental well-being for each patient in compliance with current nursing standards of care and practice and medical standards of care, federal, state regulations, and Southwest Health policy and procedure. Utilizes the nursing process in the execution of general nursing procedures in the maintenance of health, prevention of illness or care of the ill through the performance of assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Perform pre-operative interviews and educate patients regarding their pre and post-operative preparation and care.
- Actively participate in assessing patients’ post-operative experience through routine post-operative phone calls.
- Routinely evaluate equipment/supply needs in the department and participates in restocking supplies as needed.
- Assist in planning/preparing for future surgery schedule by chart preparation and computerized entry of laboratory and radiology procedures.
- Assist with evaluation of staffing needs and communication of these needs to nurse manager to ensure adequate staffing based on scheduled cases
- Open all sterile packs and supplies according to aseptic technique.
- Maintain count on sponges, needles and instruments to ensure no loss of items according to present policy.
- Care for specimens and cultures per SH policy.
- Assist in scheduling of operative procedures.
- Accompany patient to Post-Op and reports to nurse on patient and procedure to ensure continuity of care.
- Assist patients with transfer from care to the recliner post-operatively.
- Follow AORN Perioperative Standards and Southwest Health policies and procedures.
- Remain flexible in a constantly changing profession.
- Monitor patient’s vital signs, breathing, alertness, awareness following the surgical procedure.
- Post-operatively, record all appropriate information on the patient chart.
- Assist with decontamination and sterilization of instruments/equipment.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015