September 27, 2023
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Minimum of one to two years’ food preparation experience, preferably in a healthcare setting and with experience in coffee and espresso preparation preferred.
- Certification with the State of Wisconsin for food protection policies and as a Food Manager preferred (or willing to complete within one year of employment)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Electronic Medical Record and Food Purveyor Software preferred
- Experience handling money and balancing cash drawer.
- Experience in preparing sandwiches, sides, salads, basic baking required.
- Experience with standard kitchen equipment including steamers, steam table, robot coupe, ovens, dish machines, slicers, etc. required
- Certification with the State of Wisconsin for food protection policies and Food Manager Certification (or willingness to complete within one six months of employment).
- Food prep experience including main dishes, side dishes, salads, desserts, and special function foods required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, online ordering platforms, and point of sale (POS) systems.
We are seeking a Full-time (39 hours/week) Cook/Barista to work weekdays with varying shifts between 6:45am-3:30pm, and every other weekend 11am-7:30pm. Every other holiday rotation.
The cook prepares food for the residents, patients, guests and employees. Oversees other food service workers and prepares appropriate food (therapeutic and texture modified) for each patient or resident. Responsible to open the department and/or close the department in the absence of the Lead Cook and follows appropriate sanitation and safety procedures.
The Barista is responsible for preparing beverages and food for our patients, guests, and employees. Responsible to open the department and/or close the department in the absence of the Bistro Lead and follows appropriate sanitation and safety procedures.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-0993
Fax: (608) 342-5015