August 18, 2023
- High school diploma, equivalent, or higher level of education
- Optical technician school training or equivalent and 3 years’ experience in the optical field
- ABO Certification preferred
We are seeking a full-time Optician to work (36 hours/week) days, Monday- Friday.
The Optician assists customers with frames and lens selection; takes optical measurements (facial, P.D., seg. ht.); evaluates patient for assistance in lens design; verifies order; properly fits spectacles for patient; and makes fitting adjustments after sale.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Promotes the company in a courteous and professional manner at all times, and directs efforts to fulfill all patients’ optical needs, maximizing sales in the process.
- Ensures that all company policies and procedures are followed; reports any discrepancy or change in policy to the Clinic Manager.
- Orders, labels and ensures that all frames are adjusted, cleaned, and arranged by brand in display racks.
- Cleans, orders and prices all items (i.e. spec chains, magnifiers, half-eye readers, instant suns and lens cleaner kits).
- Orders supplies (i.e. Your Eye Wear is Ready cards, stationary, pens, pencils and miscellaneous items).
- Ensures that the proper amount of cases is kept in stock at all times.
- Maintains a list of parts ordered and ensures that those parts arrive within 7-10 days.
- Files all delivered prescriptions neatly, in alphabetical order.
- Ensures that area on and behind receptionist’s desk is neat and clean.
- Keeps shop neat and clean, including sonic cleanser.
- Ensures that tables where the new prescriptions are written and the bar where glasses are adjusted and delivered are kept neat, clean, and free from dust; rotates displays periodically (i.e. for seasonal changes).
- Performs reception, switchboard, patient financial services, and optical record duties as appropriate.
- Conducts patient history in manner and format required by optometrist or supervisor.
- Assesses and records visual acuity.
- Neutralizes and records spectacle prescription by the means of a lensometer, manual or automatic.
- Educates patients on important aspects of eye care by explaining the principles of basic eye care and testing procedures being performed.
- Ensures that all industrial frames are clean and accounted for.
- Assists in dispensing contact lenses and frames.
- Performs frame adjustments and repairs.
- Monitors service levels from current lens labs and reports any decrease in service to Clinical Manager
- Responsible for sending all weekly and monthly reports to the regional supervisor on a timely basis including invoice receiving report complete with all invoices, sent on a weekly basis, and daily transaction sheet, sent on a regular basis/
- Responsible for efficiently managing his/her on site inventory.
- Checks items in the optical area, including contacts, for expirations.
- Maintains equipment in a preventative maintenance program (i.e. proper handling, care, cleaning, changing bulbs, batteries, etc.).
Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-0993
Fax: (608) 342-5015