Pharmacist- Inpatient Pharmacy
Pharmacist- Inpatient Pharmacy
April 18, 2023
- Bachelor’s degree or Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy
- 6 months to one year prior experience required as a Clinical Pharmacist intern per state requirements
- Current license in good standing with the Wisconsin Board of Pharmacy required
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing pharmacy services
- Ability to use correct pathways to enter orders and generate labels and reports
- Proficient in the use and application of new medications and technology
- Ability to exercise good clinical judgment. Computer application skills including word processing, spreadsheets and pharmacy information systems
- Ability to effectively participate on an interdisciplinary team or committee and ability to supervise others while performing own work
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with ability to think analytically and problem solve. Ability to maintain confidential information
We are seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) Pharmacist to work in the inpatient pharmacy Monday- Friday between the hours of 7:30am-5pm; include an every fifth Saturday rotation from 7:30am-12:30pm.
Evaluates and interprets orders and compounds and dispenses medications according to written orders/prescriptions issued by an authorized prescriber. Identifies, prevents, assesses and resolves medication-related problems to ensure a safe and optimal patient outcome. Promotes, through criteria based protocols, clinically rational drug therapy and sound pharmaceutical care.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Acts as Staff Pharmacist of the Ambulatory Pharmacy, participates in a system of staff coverage for employee absences.
- Evaluates and clarifies prescriptions with prescribers.
- Identifies, strives to prevent, assesses, and resolves medication related problems to ensure a safe patient outcome.
- Promotes safe, efficacious, and cost-effective medication therapy by participating in the provision and documentation of clinical pharmacy services and execution of Collaborative Practice Initiatives.
- Responds to medication related inquiries from other health care professionals and patients.
- Maintains professional competencies to meet current and future needs of the patients.
- Collaborates with Pharmacy Purchasing Technician to provide effective Inventory Controls.
- Adheres to Southwest Health’s value-based behavior standards.
- Understands and adheres to Southwest Health compliance and HIPAA standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-0993
Fax: (608) 342-5015
Leave a Comment