Medical Lab Technician/Technologist
October 24, 2023
- Associates Degree as a Clinical Laboratory Technician or Medical Laboratory Technician or Bachelor’s degree as Medical Technologist or Clinical Laboratory Scientist required.
- No prior experience required
- ASCP Clinical Laboratory Technician or Technologist Certification required within the first year of employment; includes maintaining certification for graduates requiring every 3 year continuing education credits
- Proficiency with Laboratory Information System, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel as well as ability to access, navigate and conduct research using the Internet
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
We are seeking a full-time (36 hours/week) Medical Lab Technician/Technologist to work the night shift (12 hour shifts), includes a holiday rotation and every eighth weekend rotation.
The Medical Lab Technician/Technologist performs blood specimen collections via venipuncture and capillary punctures. Performs laboratory analysis in all clinical areas to assist the physician in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient. Provides paternity specimen collections, urine drug screen collection, urine toxicology, and breath alcohol collections according to DOT guidelines. Performs quality control, equipment maintenance, proficiency testing and other tasks as assigned.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-0993
Fax: (608) 342-5015