Chief Ancillary Services Officer
Chief Ancillary Services Officer
May 24, 2023
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior leadership experience preferred.
- The ability to demonstrate leadership, managerial ability, good interpersonal relationships, and the application of sound administrative principles required.
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Chief Ancillary Services Officer to work 8:00am-4:30p Monday- Friday, including additional meeting time.
The Chief Ancillary Services Officer directs, supervises and coordinates functions and activities in the hospital Patient Care Services area. Works with CEO and other Executive Team members related to the operation of the hospital, recommends changes in policy, facilities, equipment and programs in order to achieve the institution’s objectives and to provide leadership, direction and administration of operations.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provides ongoing effective leadership to insure that Southwest Health continues to adapt, evolve, and grow to accommodate changes in the healthcare environment.
- Works cooperatively with the Medical Staff and hospital personnel to insure that the highest quality of health service is being provided to patients.
- Maintains compliance with regulations governing healthcare providers and the regulations of accrediting bodies by monitoring operations and initiating changes where required.
- Coordinates and directs the development of hospital wide plans to deliver patient care, treatment, and services.
- Coordinates and directs the development of hospital wide programs, policies, and procedures that address how care needs of the SH’s patient population are met.
- Coordinates and directs an ongoing program to measure, analyze, and improve the quality of care, treatment, and service.
- Continuously reviews productivity and efficiency of staff and implement changes where necessary.
- Provides ongoing effective leadership and direction for the overall day to day operations of the medical center.
- Participates in Senior management activities including: strategic plan development, weekly Senior staff meeting, Senior staff planning retreats, monthly Board of Director Meetings, various medical staff department meetings & full medical staff meetings.
- Maintains community affiliations to support and promote a positive image of Southwest Health in the community.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development.
- Guides annual goal setting as well as the development, implementation, and monitoring of a strategic plan for ancillary departments which reflects the organizations current and anticipated strategic priorities.
- Assures the integration of the findings of current evidence based practice and research into the policies and procedures governing the provision of care.
- Participates with leaders from governing body management, medical staff and clinical areas. Develops and implements mechanisms for promoting the educational advancement and leadership development of patient care staff members.
- Advocates and allocates for resources, including fiscal and technology resources, to support patient care and to support the mission and vision.
- Provides guidance in the interpretation of CMS Conditions of Participation, The Joint Commission Standards and Wisconsin Administrative Codes.
- Assumes responsibility for coordinating the capital and operating budgets for the Departments above and initiates appropriate action in response to variances.
- Adheres to Southwest Health’s value-based behavior standards.
- Understands and adheres to Southwest Health compliance and HIPAA standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-0993
Fax: (608) 342-5015
Leave a Comment