UW Regional Clinic Director
UW Regional Clinic Director
April 18, 2023
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required with two or more years of clinical management experience required.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Previous experience with medical informatics, EPIC preferred.
- Experience with TJC preferred.
- Experience with process improvement preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Clinic Director to oversee our UW Health Regional Multi-Specialty Clinic.
The Clinic Director, under the direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer, is responsible for providing overall leadership and management for a defined group of departments and staff. This position is responsible for assuring excellent patient care, customer service and clinical outcomes. The Clinic Director works with staff to plan, develop and implement changes to existing operational and health care processes to meet current and future clinic service’s needs. Accountable for managing, coordinating and planning patient care and business services functions and activities, which include; assuring that a high quality of patient care and satisfaction standards are achieved, adherence of established medical practice standards and proficiency, voice operations, reception, registration, scheduling, frontline patient services and accounts receivable, and physician scheduling protocol management to include outreach site coordination. Decision making in order to manage daily functions and work toward continuous improvement in a team environment is a crucial element of this position. This position is directly employed by Southwest Health, but will frequently collaborate with and dotted line report to UW Health’s RN Clinic Director for Ambulatory Regional Services.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manages the clinical staff for defined departments, which will include the hiring, documenting discipline, performance evaluation and mentoring of staff, as well as competence assessment.
- Provides input into physician recruitment and planning.
- Participates in and monitors customer service activities. Receives, researches, and performs service recovery for patients.
- Participates in the development of operating budget, as well as monitoring and meeting annual budget assumptions.
- Keeps VP of Strategic Development informed of issues and/or concerns.
- Anticipates the need for change and manages the process of change.
- Monitors and maintains all established business standards.
- Creates and maintains an environment conducive to lifelong learning.
- Oversees the utilization of space so that resources are used to full capacity. Participates in the development of new space or the reutilization of current space.
- Responsible for working with Administration in setting and maintaining the standards of clinical care.
- Works in conjunction with care delivery teams to improve the quality of care through the collection, analysis and use of data for improvement projects.
- Works in collaboration with Administration to design and manage care delivery model that ensures all providers and staff are working to their highest level of training, education, licensure and/or certification.
- Responsible for the success of care delivery teams either through direct facilitation or mentoring of members.
- Responsible for the operational redesign of care delivery teams, which will include evaluation, standardization and implementation of cost effective and efficient work for assigned departments.
- Successful implementation of work plans. Creates an environment where patient focused care is clearly defined. Participates in and leads site teams and work group meeting as needed.
- Develops and maintains effective partnerships with physician leaders to effectively implement work plans.
- Coordinates local communication to physicians, advanced practitioners, and non-physician employees.
- Integrates the use of telephonic and electronic communication devices and techniques that supports patients, staff, and physicians.
- Maintains and effective working relationship with related hospitals, clinics, community agencies and vendors.
- Assist in the development of new services lines and/or programs.
- Adheres to Southwest Health’s value-based behavior standards.
- Understands and adheres to Southwest Health and UW Health compliance and HIPAA standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Occasional planned regional travel for meetings/trainings.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015
Leave a Comment