Radiology and Clinic Support Tech
Radiology and Clinic Support Tech
April 5, 2023
- Associate Degree or two-year degree program of a school of Radiologic Technology required.
- National Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) R-Radiology.
- One to two years’ experience in a clinic or hospital setting is preferred.
- Must be licensed with State Of Wisconsin.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Knowledge of profession’s code of ethics required.
- Knowledge of radiology equipment and testing required.
- Knowledge of safety hazards common to radiology including equipment, body mechanics, and patient movement required.
- Proficient in computerized word processing and knowledge of Hospital Information Systems preferred.
We are seeking a casual Radiology and Clinic Support Tech to fill in at our Kieler clinic on an as needed basis. Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm and Saturdays, 8am-3pm. Every third Saturday hours currently available.
The Radiology & Clinical Support Tech will perform a wide variety of imaging exams along with providing clinic support the majority of the time. Will assist with various patient duties including; assessing patient needs, answering questions, providing patient care; rooming patients, taking vitals and histories, giving injections, assisting with phone triage under the direct supervision of a RN or provider, assisting with procedures, administering medications, patient education and other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Adheres to established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control and all requirements related to accrediting bodies.
- Provides proper patient positioning to capture the requested diagnostic image for taking x-rays following established procedures.
- Adheres to established radiation protection policies and procedures as regulated by the State of Wisconsin and understands the basic principle of radiation exposure by adjusting equipment on individual patient basis.
- Provides patient services which include: scheduling of appointments and/or exams, reception, instruction to patients regarding procedures, necessary paperwork for image interpretation, admitting functions in the Clinic, reporting results and communicating concerns with the radiologists, physicians or radiology director.
- Performs reception, scheduling, and admitting functions in the Clinic.
- Utilizes on-line scheduling system to schedule patients for follow-up appointments in the Clinic.
- Assists in departmental functions including quality control as assigned by the radiology director: Keeps examination rooms neat and tidy, stocks necessary medical and radiologic supplies, assists in staff scheduling, participates in staff meetings and committees within the organization.
- Makes necessary contacts to schedule patients for follow-up tests, procedures, or appointments in other departments and/or other health care facilities.
- Produces and completes demographic information forms, patient history forms, and billing forms as appropriate for each physician/provider.
- Performs diagnostic exams at a technical level.
- Apply X-ray knowledge in producing quality results.
- Assists with coordinator of x-ray maintenance and communicates with vendors and suppliers for repairs and maintenance.
- Performs phlebotomy.
- Performs CLIA waived testing.
- Administers EKG’s, Immunizations, Injections, Ear washes and other duties as requested by supervisor, providers and/or management.
- Assists with obtaining necessary signatures on appropriate admissions and/or consents for treatments.
- Assists Patient Financial Services department to insure prior authorization requirements are met for upcoming procedures as appropriate and assist with basic insurance duties.
- Screens telephone calls related to patient care and evaluates according to the protocols set forth by the provider. Discusses with the provider when indicated.
- Assumes primary responsibility for providing patient teaching / instruction for their follow-up appointments and diagnostic studies, etc.
- Provides patients with documentation and ensures patients understand the preparation protocols they are to follow for any upcoming procedures.
- Adheres to Southwest Health’s value-based behavior standards.
- Understands and adheres to Southwest Health compliance and HIPAA standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015
Leave a Comment