Materials Management Assistant
Materials Management Assistant
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Computer literate with experience in Windows, especially in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
We are seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) Materials Management Assistant to work Monday-Friday (10a-2pm, some flexibility).
The Materials Management Assistant is responsible for processing purchase orders of both inventory and non-inventory supplies. The assistant will also ensure delivery of supplies to departments in a timely, organized manner as well as receiving freight, restocking storeroom, and maintaining materials management documentation.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Receives and verifies all shipments, noting quantity, any damages, checking dated items and delivers to appropriate departments.
- Maintains purchase and receiving documentation.
- Assists departments in product and price research.
- Reviews stock on a regular basis and ensures first in/first out is practiced to avoid outdates or obsolete stock.
- Pulls, delivers and receives requisitions to meet department needs within a timely manner.
- Maintains the computer inventory system on a daily basis in a timely and accurate manner.
- Processes purchase orders, both inventory and non-inventory, for supplies as directed by the purchasing manager.
- Processes hospital out bound freight; signs for all non U.S. mail product deliveries.
- Organizes and controls material movement throughout the organization to minimize inventory levels and supply ‘over-stocks’. Minimizes inventory on hand to only that which is necessary to meet immediate organizational need, while assuring that demand consistently satisfied.
- Appropriately label patient chargeable items with piggyback labels.
- Participates in periodic inventories, and assists in preparing the reports for the individual departments year-end Inventories.
- Acts as a resource to departments regarding supplies, equipment and service needs.
- Interacts in a professional, confidential, honest, fair, and respectful manner when presenting information and responding to questions from managers, employees, vendors, patients, and the general public.
- Works with the Materials Manager on projects as assigned or determined by need.
- Executes procedures and assists in the administration of the activities of materials management to achieve department and organizational objectives.
- Attends/participates in staff meetings, in-services when applicable.
- Performs research as needed for recommending changes in procedures, policies or any other processes related to the improvement of the department and/or organization.
- Adheres to Southwest Health’s value-based behavior standards.
- Understands and adheres to Southwest Health compliance and HIPAA standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015
Leave a Comment