Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
January 20, 2023
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Successful completion of an accredited Advanced Registered Nurse practitioner (ARNP) program required.
- Masters’ Degree required.
- National certification in geriatrics, adult or family practice is required.
- National certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse is required.
- Must fulfill licensure requirements of the State of Wisconsin for a RN and be legally eligible to practice in the state of Wisconsin.
- Must fulfill licensure requirements of the State of Wisconsin of Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber and obtain (or eligibility for) a current and valid Drug Enforcement Administration number for prescription purposes.
- Extensive knowledge of: the etiology of serious mental illness, mental retardation, developmental, and substance abuse disorders and their treatment by a variety of appropriate therapeutic interventions including psychopharmacology; nursing practice and medical evaluation, physical diseases and their treatment; community resources and networking techniques; and of psychiatric and medical emergency stabilization.
- Knowledge of and understands the Wisconsin Nurse Practice Act and Advance Practice Nurse Scope of Practice.
- Proficient in a variety of computer applications with basic understanding of computer hardware and software, specifically word processing, spreadsheets internet and email.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Crisis Intervention training required.
We are growing! We are seeking a part-time or full-time (32-40 hours/week) Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to work Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm. This position includes an on-call rotation of one weekend per month, and one week day a week for inpatient rounds at our Geriatric Psych Unit.
The Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, in collaboration with, and under the clinical direction and leadership of the attending psychiatrist, provides direct mental health care services. Provides patient centered care and treatments based on evidence based guidelines by diagnosing according to the latest edition of the DSM and listening to the patients concerns and symptoms. Effectively manage client symptoms by initiating, adjusting, and continuously monitoring medication administration. Improve client’s self-awareness and knowledge regarding mental health illnesses and medications by educating on the proper use, drug interactions, and adverse drug reactions of medications and the course and prognosis of mental illnesses. Work is performed independently under the general direction of the Medical Director/Psychiatrist and the Behavioral Health Administrative Director.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015