November 11, 2022
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business, Finance, or Sciences).
- Experience in a healthcare setting/revenue cycle preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and financial accounting software.
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Financial Analyst position to work within our Finance team.
This position is a part of the Finance team and is responsible for oversight of financial reporting and process efficiency. The Financial Analyst works in conjunction with the Finance department and department directors to maintain and report accurate records in the cost accounting, budgeting, general ledger and other financial systems while preparing and reviewing periodic reporting.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manages and updates the Cost Accounting system. Prepares and presents related reporting and requested information.
- Maintains and updates the operating side of the budget system and works with department leaders to build understanding around fiscal responsibilities and variances.
- Updates and reviews financial statistics.
- Works with leaders to create, manage and maintain meaningful clinical statistics that will assist our department managers with operational decision making.
- Manage strategic cost report initiatives. Investigate and initiate opportunities around improving reimbursement.
- Assists with general ledger account review for variances.
- Monitors the budgets of all other departments and reports significant variances.
- Reviews and approves financial assistance applications.
- Utilizes the Cost Accounting system to provide service line pro formas.
- Works with the revenue cycle committee members to improve understanding and identify process inefficiencies.
- Adheres to Southwest Health’s value-based behavior standards.
- Understands and adheres to Southwest Health compliance and HIPAA standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015