Food Service Worker
January 4, 2022
- Must have good customer service skills and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good decision making skill.
- Ability to utilize resources effectively and efficiently to prevent waste.
- Need to distinguish between shades of color (dots for meal cards) and have ability to use computer.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
We are seeking a part-time Food Service worker to work evenings 16 hours/week. Includes every 3rd weekend rotation and every 3rd holiday.
Portions food and fluids for the patients, cafeteria guests, vending machine patrons, and special function guests. Serves patients in the patient room. Prepares a variety of food items for the vending machines. Cleans and sanitizes dishes, service areas, pots/pans and floors daily. Provides the appropriate food (therapeutic and texture modified) for each patient on the meal tray.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Completes the food portioning for patients, residents, cafeteria and/or vending program patrons, and special function guests.
- Maintains sanitary and safe food practices during the food preparation and service functions.
- Takes orders and communicates basic information regarding the food service program to new residents/patients.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes, cooking equipment, service areas within the department and in the dining room/cafeteria/vending area.
- Cleans and sanitizes the entire department – floors, walls, ceilings, and equipment, empties the garbage and recyclables frequently during the day.
- Attends meetings and in-services programs as directed, or as needed, and may include attendance at continuing education meetings.
- Assists with training new employees in the department.
- Maintains clean work environment by cleaning and sanitizing work areas, sweeping and mopping floors, and throwing out garbage.
- Adheres to Southwest Health’s value-based behavior standards.
- Understands and adheres to Southwest Health compliance and HIPAA standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015