November 16, 2021
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting required, Bachelor’s preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting with payroll and general ledger responsibility.
- Accounting experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and financial accounting software.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations, etc. related to scope of position.
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Staff Accountant to work days, Monday-Friday.
This position is a part of the Finance team and is responsible for oversight of the day-to-day accounting and reporting operation. The Staff Accountant works in conjunction with the Director of Finance, and department directors to maintain accurate records in the general ledger, accounts payable, fixed assets, payroll, and other financial systems while preparing and reviewing periodic reporting.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Monitors general ledger accounts, reconciles cash, prepares journal entries, completes statistics and gathers data for monthly financial statements.
- Maintains Fixed Asset ledgers.
- Updates stats for the financial statements on a monthly basis.
- Prepares worksheets for annual budget. Compiles data from department managers for budget and enters that information into the budget module.
- Maintains Investment schedules.
- Monitors the budgets of all other departments and reports significant variances to the Director of Finance.
- Files required tax reports (941 reports and required state reports).
- Maintains and updates federal and state tax tables as necessary (with the assistance of the financial software vendor).
- Prepares worksheets and gathers data for annual audit and surveys.
- Trains employees and Directors on proper completion of timecards and reporting through Ormed.
- Adheres to Southwest Health’s value-based behavior standards.
- Understands and adheres to Southwest Health compliance and HIPAA standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015