Insurance Claims Processor
November 29, 2021
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of one to two years of experience with health insurance, collection techniques, or patient registration required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel including the ability to create daily and monthly logs and summary reports, insert simple formulas and manipulate the design and appearance of worksheets required
- Previous medical billing experience, including knowledge of hospital and professional claim forms, and coding preferred
- Understanding of medical terminology preferred
- Previous experience with 10 key calculators preferred
- Knowledge of Corporate Compliance issues and HIPPA privacy guidelines helpful
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) to work between the hours of 7:00am-5:00pm.
Serves as the primary liaison between patients and insurance companies. Ensures primary and secondary claims are submitted timely and received by insurance company. Appeals appropriately and works to find root cause of denials. Thinks outside of the box to find solutions to payment problems. Is familiar with payer guidelines and rules and is able to train other staff in correct practices by payer. Understands general contract guidelines by payer. Analyzes credit balances to ensure accurate and timely refunding to appropriate parties. Facilitates timely payment, identifies overdue accounts, takes required actions, and maintains complete and accurate patient accounting records. Is familiar with and assists patients in all facility programs designed to help resolve their balance in a timely manner. Accurately recommends accounts for collections. Maintains high level of customer satisfaction.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015