July 22, 2021
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required with additional technical training in area of specialty.
- Completion of Operating Room Technician training from an accredited institution and/or equivalent education and experience required.
- Knowledge of and experience with aseptic and sterile techniques required.
- Certification in Surgical Technology preferred.
- Knowledge of proper decontamination and sterilization of surgical supplies required.
- Knowledge of hospital inventory and stocking procedures helpful.
- Certification in Basic Life Support required.
Plans for and responds to the material needs of the surgical caseload using aseptic and sterile techniques and proper decontamination.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
Functions as a surgical technician during operative and other invasive procedures by:
- Assembling supplies and equipment required for the procedure.
- Preparing and organizing sterile supplies and instruments for the procedure.
- Performing/Maintaining surgical counts (i.e.; sponge, needle and instruments) to account for all items according to present policy.
- Assisting with placement of sterile drapes.
- Providing instruments and supplies to the surgical team during the procedure.
- Maintaining an organized sterile field.
- Ensuring sterility of the field and taking corrective actions as needed.
- Preparing sterile dressings.
- Caring for specimens and cultures per Southwest Health’s policy.
Cleans and prepares surgical instruments for processing and transports them to the decontamination areas.
Coordinates surgical supplies preparation and room preparation on wide variety of surgical cases.
Anticipates, plans for, and responds to the needs of the surgical team.
Participates in a LEAN process by ordering and maintaining an adequate supply but also recommends/identifies opportunities to eliminate waste.
Assists with post procedural cleaning of the operating/procedure room in preparation for subsequent patients.
Participates in ongoing education and competencies.
Follows AORN Perioperative Standards and Southwest Health policies and procedures.
Remains flexible in a constantly changing profession.
Adheres to Southwest Health’s value-based behavior standards.
Understands and adheres to Southwest Health compliance and HIPAA standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015