July 8, 2021
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Minimum of one to two years in food service, with experience in coffee and espresso preparation preferred.
- Experience with standard kitchen equipment including espresso machine and coffee brewing equipment, ovens, Panini press grill, and other small kitchen appliances.
- Experience handling money and balancing cash drawer.
- Experience in preparing sandwiches, sides, salads, basic baking required.
- Certification with the State of Wisconsin for food protection policies and Food Manager Certification (or willingness to complete within one six months of employment).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, online ordering platforms, and point of sale (POS) systems.
The Barista is responsible for preparing beverages and food for our patients, guests, and employees. Responsible to open the department and/or close the department in the absence of the Bistro Lead and follows appropriate sanitation and safety procedures.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Preparing and serving food and specialty coffee drinks to customers with timeliness and professionalism.
- Assists with creating menus and recipes; planning, organizing, and executing daily food preparation
- Setting up/closing out cash register and assisting with cash reconciliation and deposits.
- Ensuring proper food safety and adherence to local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Engaging in self-development to improve knowledge and enhance professional competence and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Attending meetings and in-services training as directed, or as needed, and may include attendance at continuing education meetings.
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and professional work environment including food prep, storage, and dining areas.
- Facilitating periodic maintenance of equipment and placing work orders for broken equipment or facilities
- Assisting with training new employees within the department.
- Adhering to Southwest Health’s value-based behavior standards.
- Understanding and adhering to Southwest Health compliance and HIPAA standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-0993
Fax: (608) 342-5015