June 18, 2021
- Must be a graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor.
- Must fulfill licensure requirements of the State of Wisconsin for a RN and be legally eligible to practice in the state of Wisconsin.
- Complies with one of the following requirements regarding certification eligibility, initial certification, or recertification: a. Meets criteria 1 and 2 above, and is awaiting initial certification (some states limit this period of time); or b. Is currently certified by the Council on Certification of Nurses Anesthetists or its predecessor; or c. Is currently recertified by the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Must be insurable by an appropriate medical malpractice insurer for the limits required by this institution or state.
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required.
- Knowledge of specialized equipment used within the department required.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills preferred.
We are seeking a full-time CRNA to work full-time (180-190 days per year) in our Surgery Department. On-call hours required.
A certified registered nurse anesthetist cares for a patient before, during and after a medical procedure or surgery by performing a patient assessment, preparing the patient for anesthesia, administering and maintaining the anesthesia to ensure proper sedation and pain management, overseeing patient recovery from anesthesia and caring for the patient’s post-operative needs. The CRNA maintains a clear and concise record of the above patient cares on the patient’s electronic medical record. The CRNA works in collaboration with the medical staff to provide optimal care to the patient. CRNA’s are responsible for patient safety during surgical procedures. They must have sharp concentration and focus, along with the ability to stay calm under stressful conditions. The ability to solve complex problems is a valued skill for CRNAs, as are critical-thinking and the ability to react quickly when a patient’s condition changes.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015