May 12, 2021
- Credentialed as RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator), RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician), CCA (Certified Coding Associate), CCS (Certified Coding Specialist) or CPC (Certified Professional Coder) preferred or be enrolled and working toward one of the above referenced certifications.
- If working toward a certification, must receive certification within six months of completion of courses.
- Minimum 6 months’ experience required as a coder or health information analyst in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, clinical medicine, ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding systems required.
- Proficient with basic computer skills in a Windows environment, basic Excel and Word usage.
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Medical Coder to work Monday- Friday, 8:00am- 4:30pm.
The Medical Coder reviews medical documentation and supporting information for the assignment of ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 codes via computerized coding system in accordance with coding guidelines. Communicates with a variety of clinical disciplines and physicians to clarify documentation requirements.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015