April 30, 2021
- Requires a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) licensure required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license equivalent to a Wisconsin Class D license.
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course or similar course completion. HAZMAT Awareness Course completion.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and other privacy laws/regulations.
- NIMS ICS 100, 200, 700 and 800 Certifications; or completion within 3 months of hire required.
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) is required.
We are seeking a full-time EMT/AEMT to work two 24 hour shifts (6am or 6pm start). 24 hours on, 48 hours off with a Kelly Day every three weeks.
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)/Advanced EMT is responsible for providing pre-hospital emergency medical care at the appropriate level for those served by Southwest Health Emergency Medical Service. They perform pre-hospital medical care and provide assistance to staff as assigned within Southwest Health. All medical care performed is pursuant to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) as outlined under, but not limited to the following: Wisconsin Administrative Code DHS 110, the prescribed Southwest Health EMS medical guidelines, policies and procedures outlined by the medical director, the current version of the Standards and Procedures of Practical Skills and the current Scope of Practice for EMT or AEMTs.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015