February 16, 2021
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum one to two years’ experience with food preparation, preferably in a healthcare setting, including main dishes, side dishes, salads, desserts, and special function foods
- Experience with standard kitchen equipment including steamers, steam table, robot coupe, ovens, dish machines, slicers, etc.
- Certification with the State of Wisconsin for food protection policies and Food Manager Certification (or willingness to complete within one year of employment) preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Electronic Medical Record and Food Purveyor Software preferred
We are seeking a part-time (32 hours/week) Cook to work between the hours of 5:00a.m.-7:30p.m. This position includes an every other weekend and holiday rotation.
The cook prepares food for the residents, patients, guests and employees, supervises other food service workers and prepares appropriate food (therapeutic and texture modified) for each patient or resident. The cook is also responsible to open the department and/or close the department and follows appropriate sanitation and safety procedures.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-0993
Fax: (608) 342-5015