Patient Financial Counselor
March 3, 2021
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months experience in office setting with experience answering multi-line phone preferred
- Previous medical billing experience, including knowledge of hospital and professional claim forms preferred
- Previous experience with health insurance, collection techniques, or patient registration preferred
- Good understanding of medical terminology preferred
- Basic data entry skills required as well as proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel with ability to create daily and monthly logs, summary reports, simple formulas and design of worksheets
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Patient Financial Counselor to work days (8:00am-4:30pm).
The Patient Financial Counselor works Communication WQ’s within Epic to answer any billing questions from patients, assists face to face with patients whom arrive at Southwest Health with questions, and works closely with the Insurance Billers to rectify any billing concerns that may arise from conversation from the patient. The Patient Financial Counselor must also be able to relay our payment options along with financial assistance to the patients when needed and have the ability to set up patients under the Marketplace Insurance or Medicaid Insurance.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-0993
Fax: (608) 342-5015