Director of Laboratory
December 29, 2020
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Physical or Biological Science or Medical Technology required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years experience in managing a clinical laboratory in an acute care hospital preferred.
- Must have experience with regulatory and accreditation of laboratory operations, preferably CLIA or Joint Commission.
- ASCP Clinical Laboratory Technician or Technologist Certification required.
- Able to serve as CLIA Technical Supervisor performing that role and responsibilities.
- Proficiency with Laboratory Information Systems, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel; and ability to access, navigate and conduct research using the Internet required.
- Knowledge of Quality Control to assess functioning of automated and manual test systems required.
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Director of Laboratory to work Monday- Friday.
The Director of Laboratory plans, organizes, develops, directs, manages, coordinates, and evaluates the overall operation of the Southwest Health Laboratory Department on a 24-hour basis in accordance with current Federal, State, local, and The Joint Commission (TJC) standards. Fulfills responsibilities of a Medical Technologist within the department as necessary.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-5015