Fun Facts about Radiology at Southwest Health
- Our Mammography unit was one of the first in southwest Wisconsin with the ability to produce 3D images.
- 14 employees work in our radiology department between Technologists and Schedulers.
- The majority of our radiology staff is trained for multiple areas in radiology, versus working in just one area. This includes CT, Mammography, General Radiology, Bone Density, MRI, and Fluoroscopy.
- Radiology must be staffed 24/7 to be ready for all types of emergencies.
- All of our Imaging Equipment is DIGITAL.
- We offer both an in-house MRI unit and Wide Bore unit, which allows patients extra room and in most cases decreases any claustrophobic feelings.
- Numerous contracted staff work in more specialized areas, such as Nuclear Medicine, Echocardiography, Ultrasound and PET Imaging.
- All radiology images are read by a Board Certified Radiologist.
- Southwest Health is a training site for NICC radiology students and has hired several of our current staff through this program.