In recognition of National Emergency Nurses Week, our ED staff invites you to learn a little more about our emergency department!
Emergency Nursing Highlights and Accomplishments
In the Emergency Department, our staff has over 270 years of nursing experience. Of those 270 combined years, 150 of them have been dedicated to the Southwest Health organization.
- There were 10,400 visits to the ED in the last fiscal year – averaging over 28 patients per day
- 24 hours a day you will find 2 RNs and 1 ED physician in the emergency department
- The ED has 10 beds, including 2 trauma bays
- 60 minutes is the average “door to discharge” time
- Patient satisfaction in the emergency department is currently in the 92nd percentile, with a departmental record of 98 percent
- 7 nurses are trained as sexual assault nurse examiners
TIME IS.. LIFE & DEATH
- Our average “door to CT” times for acute strokes are < 9 minutes – 16 minutes FASTER than the national standard
- Our “door to door” trauma transfer times average 142 minutes—38 minutes FASTER than the national standard
Their resourcefulness and dedication are second to none, thank you again to our Emergency Nurses!