April 11, 2019
- Minimum Education: High School Degree or its equivalent
- Wisconsin Paramedic (Paramedic) licensure
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license equivalent to a Wisconsin Class D license
- NIMS ICS 100, 200, 700 and 800 Certifications; or completion of within 3 months of hire
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course or similar course completion
- HAZMAT Awareness Course Completion
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and other privacy laws/regulations
- Certification in Basic Life Support
- Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support
We are seeking a casual Paramedic to fill in on an as needed basis (shifts are 24 hours in length starting at 6am or 6pm with the potential to work half shifts if needed).
The Paramedic is responsible for providing pre-hospital emergency medical care at the appropriate level for those served by the Emergency Medical Services Program for Southwest Health. Performs medical care and provides assistance to staff as assigned within Southwest Health. All medical care performed is pursuant to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) as outlined under, but not limited to the following: Wisconsin Administrative Code DHS 110, the prescribed medical guidelines outlined by the medical director, the current version of the Standards and Procedures of Practical Skills and the current Scope of Practice for EMT, AEMT or Paramedic.
We believe that together we can change lives, and we anticipate your life will change in the process. If you aspire to help others find hope and live better, we invite you to submit your application below. Click Here to learn what others say about SH.
SH is truly an outstanding place to work. A full benefit package is available for employees working 20 hours/week or greater which includes: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance. Also available are long and short term disability, cell phone discount, flexible spending plan, paid time off, retirement plan with an employer contribution, fitness membership discount as well as use of exercise equipment at the facility.
Attn: Human Resources
1400 East Side Rd
Platteville, WI 53818
Phone: (608) 342-4796
Fax: (608) 342-4796